Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Locating the Naturalization Records for Frank & Marie (Kollain) Becker


First, I was able to locate this reference index card for both Frank Becker and his wife Marie (Kollain) Becker on Ancestry.com:

Index to Petitions for Naturalization filed in New York City

~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~

Marie is the sister of our G-Grandfather, Ignatz Kollain, and is the focus at this point.
The next step:
Order a copy of her Naturalization records using NARA's
Online Ordering Service
   
Then, much to my amazement, I received the following email message in under 24hrs from when I submitted the request: 
Dear Researcher,
We were able to locate and reproduce the records that you requested.  Your order was shipped on 02/15/11 4:09:26 PM.
We appreciate your business and encourage you to use our online ordering service to submit any future reproduction requests.
Sincerely,
National Archives and Records Administration,
NARA's Northeast Region (New York City) - Reg. Archives
201 Varick Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY  10014


It doesn't get any easier than that!
 
Now - fingers crossed that Maria was specific when citing her place of birth!
~ ~ ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is what I have to start doing for all my family in the naturalization index - I'm going to take your entry as the universe telling me this is the next step! :)

Hope you find what you're looking for with Marie!