The gothic baroque church was built c.1783 over the ruins of the palos monastery.
The church and the vicarage of Porva used to belong to the Archabbey of Pannonhalma. After World War II however the Russians took possession of the vicarage to establish their regional headquarters. The facade of the vicarage was destroyed by the Russian repercussion of the Hungarian Revolution in 1956.
Two marble memorials were erected in the church in memory of the First and Second World War’s casualties from the village.