Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ancestor Approved


I would like to think that all of our ancestors look kindly upon us as we remember them in our research and share their history on our blogs.

A special thank you to Leah of The Internet Genealogist and Cheryl of Heritage Happens for sharing this recognition with Tangled Trees. 

Now I am to list 10 things that have surprised, humbled or enlightened me and then pass the award on to 10 other genealogy bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud.

1. How many children can one woman bear?  Sometimes I am quite amazed.

2.  That French-Canadians are so prolific and luckily have some of the best records to research. 

3. How quickly ancestor trees can grow once you make the right connections. The internet certainly helps with plenty of leads but everything must be followed up with valid research.

4. Connecting with 'cousins' as a result of blog postings.

5.  The kindness of strangers  - a gift I am always grateful for

6. How generation after generation of some families lived in the same small village before one ancestor finally decides to venture away

7. That we finally found an Irish ancestor - and she came from our French-Canadian line!

8. The amount of 'cousins' involved in WWI & WWII

9. Reading military records of relatives and ancestors always inspires me.

10.  I am most amazed at how addicting this whole genealogy thing is - after nearly 20 years of researching my drive hasn't waned!

Ten Geneablogs (of many) that do their ancestors proud:

---

5 comments:

my Heritage Happens said...

Very nice, I like what you wrote! Thank you for acknowledging me and your ancestors!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Thanks Theresa! I appreciate your comments very much, and I am honored by your award. I love the name of your blog, and we have had our share of "Tangled Trees" here since the big storm!

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Thank you for the recognition. It is a pleasure. I enjoy your blog very much, as well.

May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
http://thehomeplaceseries.blogspot.com/

Barbara Poole said...

Theresa, I love your #3,4,5 and 10..seems we have been at the hobby for the same length of time. Thank you so much for the Ancestor Approved Award. I am thankful that you and others enjoy my chatter.

Michelle said...

Thank you Theresa. It's nice to be recognized for the work we've all done on our family trees. Congrats to all the other site that share a top ten with my blog.

Michelle

http://girloftherandomleaf.blogspot.com/